A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

Friday, February 15, 2008

An update...

Since Dan was nagging me for an update (since he lives in the same city as me and is probably more updated than most) here goes. I pretty much hate life and my job. Every day is exactly the same. There is never anything new and absolutely never anything remotely resembling a challenge. I can literally feel myself getting dumber every time I step through the door into Home Depot. My car doesn't run. I take the bus everywhere. I make just enough money to scrape along on the poverty line, scrambling for pennies for parts for my car. I don't do anything. I sit at home and watch tv or listen to music in my room. About the only redeeming thing about my life in Saskatoon has been Dan, who I hang out with regularly. I don't drink anymore, so social time at the pub doesn't really happen.

My life is just a big grey blur. If someone asks me about something that happened at work the day before, there's a very good chance I won't even remember the day before. Either that or it'll have just become a homologous blob with every other day I've worked there.

So there's an update...very pessimistic, I know, but maybe I'll have some sunshine, lollipops and unicorns later. Yippee-ki-yay.

2 comments:

Aaron & Tanya said...

Well,
I guess that is what happens when you work at home depot! Just Kidding Paul. I do hope that you will enjoy the warm sunshine as it hopefully begins to come out and mabey you could get a little dog and gleefully walk it through the park! That would be good times. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Paul, what are you doing? Get up and write something damn it! You're capable and young and that head of yours is full of strange, swarming visions that must be given a better home: pen and paper. So write upon thy blog young one.

-aaron