A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Salutations!

Hey all, just a wee inaugural blog to give you a heads up on what's happening with me. I started a new job this week, hopefully that goes well and they don't have a problem with transferring me to Saskatoon in August. I swear I'm going to go insane here in Calgary... I guess I'm just pretty stoked on moving back to the flatlands.

I'm excited to have a job as well because now I can finally sink some cash into my car. Do some exhaust work and maybe get a new stereo complete with an auxiliary hookup and functional wiring! It'd be nice to finally listen to music in my car without the stereo fizzling out because of a power or ground issue...looking forward to getting my Bentley manual so I can get into this Beast and fix all the little electrical gremlins that are plaguing it right now. If you're wondering why Beast is capitalized, it's because that's the temporary name I've given it. I know, I know, a car is supposed to have a woman's name, but it seriously is a Beast right now. Perhaps once it's running like a top I'll rechristen it!

Well, that's about it for now...work to live, live to fix car, fix car for my sanity!


edit: LOL just googled my name to see my blog would come up...apparently Paul Wood is a depressingly common name... There's a Paul Wood who takes beautiful pictures (www.paulwoodphotography.com), a Paul Wood who is a Professor at UBC (http://farpoint.forestry.ubc.ca/FP/search/Faculty_View.aspx?FAC_ID=2528), a Paul Wood who is a BBC defence correspondant (news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/newsid_3230000/newsid_3234600/3234654.stm), another Paul Wood who's an Art Prof and author in Edinburgh (www.open.ac.uk/Arts/arthistory/wood.htm)...another Paul Wood who is a blues guitar legend!(www.paul-wood.com/bio.php) and the list just goes on and on...guess I'll have to pull up my socks and live up to the rest of the Paul Woods! I wonder if I'm related to any of them....doubtful.

Hopefully speaking 10 languages someday will do....hehehe....three down, seven more to go!

Well, that's really it this time, I promise...I'm tuckered out because my orientation was sixteen hours of humid, boring SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) bliss!

Bottoms Up!

Paul Wood (what?! I just thought I'd add one more for good measure!)

1 comment:

NotsNotes said...

Yay! You've finally entered the world of blogging! I'd better put a post on mine, too! So what kind of car is the Beast? It's not your old Rabbit, is it? When did you get it? When are you going to S'toon? Questions, questions... Haven't talked to you in ages!

Love ya lots, bro! Hope you enjoy your new job!