A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Epiphany

So last night when I was lying in bed listening to a delectable Sufjan Stevens mix, trying desperately to shut my brain off, I came to a realization. I think I may have been slightly out of it, but my epiphany was this: I realized how much time I had spent in the past few years reviling my time at Bethany, when the truth is that while my time at Bethany may not have exactly brought out the best in me or caused me to mature, it was indeed some of the best times of my life! I've been telling people, "Don't go to Bible School, it's a huge waste of money." While it isn't cheap, I think that the things I did gain from my two years at Bethany were definitely worthwhile: solid, lasting friendships, a love for napping (granted, I was already a solid napper when I arrived at BBI), and just a ton of solid memories. Memories like Chorale tour freshman year, making grilled cheese with my boy Kent, and planning devious pranks on Timmy D, not to mention the frequent late night walks and climbing on the roof of Hepburn School with Darren, Carly, Michelle and everyone...And who can forget the yearly beer after the swim party ritual! Good times...

So enough waxing philosophical. For now, I have to go BBQ some chicken!

No comments: