A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Stealership!

So on Thursday I went to the VW dealership here to pick up an oil filter for my impending oil change this weekend - no biggie. While I was there, I thought I may as well pick up the Coolant Temp Sender (heretoforth referred to as the CTS) that I also need to know how hot my car is running! So I ask for that as well. He hands it to me - $67! Okay, whatever. I leave and get to thinking that I thought they were like 10 bucks elsewhere... So today I went online to see if I could find a better price. And I did. I found the CTS for $3.95 Canadian! I could buy five of them and still come out on top! This goes to show that you can't trust your friendly neighbourhood dealership because some things are dirt cheap, while others are just bending you over the block! That is an insane profit margin!

1 comment:

DaVerne said...

Paul you make me laugh just as if you were here! You have a great way of getting your sense of humour down in print - not something easily done! I actually like your blog - I get a whole lot more info than when we talk on the phone! Keep it up.
Hugs, Mom :)