A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

A Love/Hate Story...or Paul's Struggle to keep the Beast running!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Finger Eleven!!!!!

So on Friday Night, I got to see my favourite Canadian band - Finger Eleven!!!!! Once again, as in Saskatoon during my Bethany Period, they completely blew the doors off the show!!! Scott, the lead singer, was stellar! He is seriously one of the best live singers I have seen, probably due to the fact that he doesn't screw around going crazy on stage and just focuses on the music. Not to mention the rest of the band pretty much makes up for his lack of movement...as seen in the above pics (not taken by me, as I do not have a camera...yet)...That guitarist makes me jealous of his beard...*sob* Even though it's not really a "nice" beard...

Probably the funniest part of the show was during the encore when F11 did a cover of GnR's "Patience", which was apparently the first time they had performed it since Grade 8! It was pretty killer - Eat It, Axl, you smug little crybaby!!!

Anyhoo, I had a killer time, and I'm looking forward to possibly a few more shows this summer - I might go to Warped Tour even though it doesn't have the headliners it did last year, and I am definitely going to see Rise Against!!!! Definitely one of my favourite punk bands of the last few years. It's nice to finally see Punk have a social conscience again, be it political a la Black Flag or Henry Rollins Band, or more socio-environmental like Rise Against are.

This concludes the episode. See you next time, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was also busy getting my ribs crushed in the very front row!!!!